The Castle of the Counts is open every day from 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. Last tickets at 4:40 p.m.
Closed exceptionally on 24, 25, and 31 December and 1 January.
- Individual price
- Groups of at least 15 people
- Teachers who show a teacher’s card
- Ghent residents
- Holders of an Uitpas region Ghent
- Students aged 19 to 25 years old on presentation of a valid student card
- Children from 13 to 18 years old
- Ghent residents aged 19 to 25 years old on presentation of a valid student card
- Holders of an Uitpas region Ghent with right to special rates
- Iedereen verdient vakantie
- Children up to 12 years old
- Ghent youngsters up to 18 years old
- Pupils of primary and secondary schools in Ghent*
- Ghent residents on Sunday morning from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and during the Ghent Festivities
- Helpers for persons with a disability
- Group supervisors (at least 15 people)
- Members of a guide association recognised by the Flemish Tourist Board (‘Toerisme Vlaanderen’) who show a guide card
- Members of the Flemish Museum Association and of ICOM
- Press workers who show a valid press card and by appointment
*Free access, but online reservation is required
For questions about rates and bookings, please contact Boekjebezoek.
With the Historic Houses Annual Card you can enjoy the best of what our seven houses have to offer for a whole year. For more information you can go to the reception of St. Peter's Abbey or the Castle of the Counts.
• Individual price
• Members of the In Monte Blandinio circle of friends
• Teachers who show a teacher’s card
• Ghent residents
• Holders of an Uitpas region Ghent
• Students aged 19 to 25 years old on presentation of a valid student card
• Children from 13 to 18 years old
• Ghent students aged 19 to 25 years old on presentation of a valid student card
• Holders of an Uitpas region Ghent with right to special rates
• Iedereen verdient vakantie
Ghent Sint-Pieters train station: trams 1 and 4 (stop: Gravensteen)
From Ghent-Sint-Pieters train station: lines 3, 17, 18, 38, and 39 (stop: Korenmarkt)
There are parking facilities for coaches at Dampoort and Bijlokekaai.
We are sorry to announce that the Castle of the Counts is not accessible for wheelchair users. Our fortress has over 480 steps, most of which are in four narrow spiral staircases which connect the various levels to each other. Unfortunately, the rooms to be visited and the basements are all located above or below ground level, but not on the ground floor.
European Disability Card
Historische Huizen Gent is partner in the project European Disability Card.
On presentation of the card your companion enters for free.
• Pets are not allowed, with the exception of guide dogs.
• Smoking is prohibited in all parts of the Castle of the Counts.
• Eating or drinking in the various rooms of the fortress is prohibited. There is a limited pick-nick area at the courtyard.
• Photography and filming for private purposes are permitted. For professional or commercial photo shoots, please contact email@example.com.